Home-Based Family Worker
The Chase Home for Children is an Intermediate Treatment Program. Youth (ages 11-19) placed at the Chase Home participate in a community-based program that works with the youth and their families to stabilize and resolve at-risk behaviors and to meet their permanency goals.The Chase Home for Children is dedicated to providing supportive and restorative residential and family services to at-risk youth in a safe and nurtuing environment.
The Home-Based Family Worker will work with youth and their families who are in psychological, behavioral, and/or emotional distress. The youth and families are referred by the Division for Children, Youth, and Families for both family preservation services and reunification services. The intent of this postion is to strengthen families and prevent abuse,neglect, and unsafe behaviors by building youth and family's skills, well-being, and support systems. This is a voluntary program where it is critical that the family and youth engage in the process in order to be successful.
- The Home-Based Family Worker position is full-time (40 hours per week) with flexible hours.
- Some evenings during the week may be necessary depending on the families schedules.
- The annual gross salary is $34,000.
- Medical and Dental premiums are covered 100% by the Chase Home after a 3 month successful completion of orientation. This covered cost is typically $7,200 per year per individual.
- Generous earned time/paid time off and 12 paid holidays.
- Staff development and professional skill-building supported and encouraged.
- Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or LMHC, Psychology or related field
- Ability to be self-directed, motivated, and independent problem-solver
- Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively utilize supervision
- Experience working in the child welfare/child protection/juvenile justice fields
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with exceptional attention to detail
- Abiltiy to exercise sound judgement in routine, urgent, and emergent clinical situations
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to each client's success
- Computer literate including Microsoft and Google with ability to learn new software applications
- Travel by car (families are within a 50 mile radius of the Chase Home)
- Provide trauma focused in-home behavioral and clincial services for youth and families
- Work intensively with the youth and their family in the home for a period of 3-6 months
- Provide treatment plans, crisis managment planning, and crisis interventions
- Provide on-call support as necessary
- Act as a liason with collateral agencies and programs
- Identify and utilize community resources that support the youth's and family's growth
- Act as an advocate for families and help parents to build advocacy skills for themselves and their children
- Network with family members and community providers to attain positive outcomes and seamless support for the youth and their family
- Utilize treatment modalities that are consistent with program goals and that best fit clients' age and treatment needs
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Maintain professional codes of conduct and ethics
- Perform any additional duties assigned by supervisor, Clinical Coordinator
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line.
• Post ID: 8848237 newhampshire