Portsmouth Music and Arts Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community music and arts school whose mission is to build community through the arts by providing all people with the opportunity to achieve their full creative potential, regardless of their age, ability, or economic status. We accomplish this through high quality music and visual arts education programs and by creating ensemble, performance, and exhibition opportunities for students, professionals, and audiences.
There is a place for everyone at PMAC. Through music and art, PMAC helps students meet and accomplish important life goals. We are committed to excellence in arts education and work daily to build community through the arts.
Since our founding in 2002, the Portsmouth Music and Arts Center has successfully motivated and inspired thousands of music and art students of all ages. Our faculty's commitment to the highest educational standards, combined with the passion and dedication of our students, is at the core of this success.
PMAC is seeking a highly organized, efficient and customer-focused Registration Assistant/Receptionist for a part-time (10 - 16 hours per week) position with our growing organization on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Applications. Must be comfortable navigating computers and using new programs including but not limited to industry-specific registration software.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience providing support in an office environment and/or prior experience in the Customer Service Industry .
- Able to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, telephones systems, printers and copiers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass background check.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist Director of Admissions in processing student registrations.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and greet and assist all persons entering the building with a warm, business-like manner.
- Accept payments for tuition, ticket sales and drop in classes.
- Answer questions about all PMAC programs, fundraisers and events.
- Conduct tours of PMAC.
- Provides administrative support to the management team and PMAC events.
- Light office work including filing and data entry.
- Fun, creative work environment.
- Be part of a team that has a passion for music and art.
- Program discounts for PMAC education programs for employee and immediate family.
Portsmouth Music and Arts Center (PMAC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetics.
Interested applicants should submit a resume no later than Friday, October 20, 2017 by email to email@example.com. Please reference Registration Assistant/Receptionist in the subject line. E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call.
• Post ID: 8461617 newhampshire