Member Service Coordinator
Monadnock at Home (MaH) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) membership organization serving the towns east of Mount Monadnock since 2010. Our mission is to provide seniors of the Monadnock Region with the support and practical means to live and thrive in their homes and communities. The member makes one call and we take it from there. Our caring Staff assists with Home Visits, Transportation to Dr. Appointments & Grocery Store, Telephone Check-ins, Technical/Computer Assistance, Household Maintenance, Grocery delivery & more.We have vetted service providers & volunteers to meet our members needs and provide peace of mind.
Part-time position to facilitate the work of Monadnock at Home in the region.
This position coordinates member services and provides administrative support to the Executive Director.
Ideal candidate will have a desire to work with the senior population. Position requires excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask. Experience with program and event planning a plus. For a full job description and to submit an application, visit www.monadnockathome.org.
- B.S. or a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a collaborative team.
- Ability to provide accurate and patient communications with a population that may be sensory or cognitively impaired.
- Computer literate with ability to manage e-mail, spreadsheets, databases and scheduling as well as ability to master Club Express.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to MaH members, volunteers, peers, donors and Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new programs and processes. 7. Ability to multitask and manage difficult situations.
- Flexibility in accepting assignments in accordance with organization needs including some weekend and holiday phone coverage.
- Answer phone inquiries.
- Fulfill, track and follow-up with such requests.
- Vet, build and manage service provider list.
- Maintain on-going relationships with members, service providers and volunteers in order to refine needs and services, retaining knowledge of member and/or volunteer special needs. Member visits as needed.
- Assist in the development and execution of outreach materials and marketing efforts.
- Provide administrative assistance to Executive Director including the Coordination of mailings and membership renewals.
- Serve as ex-officio member of MaH Program Committee. Plan, coordinate and attend MaH programs and events.
- Assist in recruiting and vetting volunteers.
- Maintain MaH web site.
• Post ID: 8681577 newhampshire